The Ramirez Law Firm has more than 29 years of experience defending dependency and termination of parental rights cases. If you or your family becomes involved in an investigation involving allegations of abuse to a child and/or an elderly person, you must immediately contact our office so we can help you understand your rights before you or your children are interviewed by law enforcement and any representatives of the Department of Children and Families. Dependency and termination of parental rights proceedings are complex and extremely emotional. Our Florida family law attorneys are skilled and competent in this area of law.
Termination of Parental Rights in Florida
The decision to formally end the relationship between a parent and his or her child through the termination of parental rights is not one the Florida courts take lightly. In fact, specific grounds must exist for the court to consider termination, such as:
- Abandonment or extreme parental disinterest
- Abuse or neglect of the child
- Abuse, neglect or loss of parental rights of another child
- Child’s best interest
- Child judged in need of services
- Failure to protect the child
- Felony assault of child or child’s sibling
- Felony conviction and incarceration
- Murder or manslaughter of child’s sibling
- Sexual abuse
- Prospective harm
Contact the Ramirez Law Firm today
Call us at 813-253-4529 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation. Se Habla Español.